Marketing Sales Strategist
College Marketing Group/CollegiateParent has an immediate opening for a remote Senior Sales Manager with a minimum of six years sales experience in solution based selling. This person will contact businesses in hundreds of college towns throughout the U.S. within an assigned territory. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of the sales process and the ability to identify and understand the unique needs of each individual client. As a solution based sales person, you will be responsible for building relationships with potential clients, presenting our products and services, and closing deals. This position is ideal for people with newspaper, magazine, radio, television or digital media advertising sales background, as well as business-to-business (B2B) advertising sales prospecting and cold calling experience.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Close new business over the phone and through email communications to achieve goals.
- Conduct market research and develop leads using online resources, lead databases and other tools to determine top prospects in markets.
- Consistently log 80 to 100 sales activities per day.
- Document daily sales activities and achievements in the Salesforce CRM.
- Follow up with customers on payment issues as needed.
- Meet or exceed individual sales goals. Range is $60,000+ per quarter.
- Participate in weekly sales meetings and training sessions.
- Prepare and send media kits and other information to current and potential customers.
- Provide weekly input on the sales pipeline and forecasts to the Sales Director.
- Support Ad Coordinator to ensure artwork is received on time for publication as needed.
- Work with account managers to ensure ad sales align with publication requirements and specifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficiency using a CRM system such as Salesforce.
- Solid understanding of print and digital advertising sales and processes.
- Understanding of B2B sales, typical sales cycles for different verticals, and best practices for inside sales, including phone and email B2B sales.
Skills and Abilities
This position requires a minimum of two years of advertising sales experience, preferably in print and/or digital sales, as well as the following:
- Ability to multi-task and follow through on a high volume of deadline driven activities.
- Ability to produce well-written, concise communications to clients and prospects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Positive, upbeat, outgoing, motivating personality.
- Proven ability to achieve individual sales goals.
- Self-motivated, driven and persistent performer who works well independently and with team members.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate persuasively, professionally and effectively using email, telephone, social media platforms such as LinkedIn.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to customer satisfaction, product quality and positive outcomes.
The compensation consists of a base salary plus commission and bonus structure. Commissions are uncapped.
Are you a good fit for this position?
If you are interested, click below to supply your information and resume.