Jobs & Internships
College Marketing Group is always on the lookout for quality talent from all walks of life who will help us be better at what we do. If you are a marketing/advertising professional with a passion for youth culture and a desire to take on new responsibilities, then this is the place for you. Whether you are just starting or looking to start over, we offer the opportunity to work at a growing company where you will matter.
You are welcome to send your resume for review, even if no positions are currently open. We are always looking for talented advertising sales professionals, detailed media planners, and student brand ambassadors (in every state). Send us your resume and information about what you are looking to do by emailing us here: email@example.com
Open Positions: Advertising Sales
We are always looking for talented and experienced advertising sales professionals. If you are currently looking for a new sales position with base pay + incentives, consider working for us as an Account Development Manager.
This position handles all aspects of new and existing account development. Our ideal candidate would be an associate to mid-level salesperson experienced at developing and selling various advertising media and marketing services, cultivating a new business pipeline, and maintaining and growing existing client relationships.
Media and Marketing Sales:
- Prospect new accounts via cold / warm calling, networking, and industry events
- Field incoming leads and requests for information
- Renew and grow existing accounts
- Meet and exceed sales goals
Product And Industry Knowledge:
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the college marketing industry
- Identify and research potential clients in key verticals, including recruitment advertising, brand marketing, enrollment marketing, and other industries as directed
- Understand and sell a variety of targeted media, including digital, mobile, print, outdoor, event marketing, and non-traditional
- Outgoing personality with strong presentation skills, including building strategic plans, media quotes and proposals
- Computer skills with proficiencies in Excel, PowerPoint, and Google business apps
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to organize and prioritize client needs in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to demonstrate a proven track record of selling marketing and advertising products and services
- Bachelor’s in marketing, advertising, sales, or related field
- 3-5 years of media planning/buying, business development, or advertising sales experience in an agency setting is preferred
- Experience working with digital media, event marketing, and college-related clients a plus
- Must have professional verbal and written communications skills
- Must be able to work on a variety of tasks with minimal supervision and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to organize and prioritize client needs in a fast-paced environment
What We Offer You:
- Competitive base salary with a generous commission structure
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Comprehensive medical/dental benefits plan
- 401k with matching
Send resume, references, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
College Marketing Group is a remarkable team of marketing professionals with an insatiable desire to learn and innovate. We are passionate about the college market and dedicated to providing outstanding communication with a 100% say-do-ratio.
Benefits & Perks
- Generous vacation and paid holidays
- 401(k) with matching
- Voluntary vision, dental, life and health insurance
- Family planning leave
- Voluntary disability insurance in case things don’t go as planned
- Ongoing education and training
- Frequent company lunches, after-work gatherings and a fridge full of beverages
- Small-business feel with direct access to company leadership
- Opportunities for personal development with a growing company
- Work close to the Twin Cities, nearby lakes and trails, Mall of America and the airport
Year-Round Brand Ambassadors:
In this role you’ll get the ability to earn some extra money working as year-round Brand Ambassadors helping our various client brands market their products and services on your campus. To learn more, click here.
Outside Sales Internship:
This intensive summer internship offers paid training in the field of outside sales. This training prepares you to consult with local businesses near your college campus to help them develop an advertising strategy targeting the campus community. To learn more, click here.